In my 9 years as a front end developer I’ve worked with a wide range of technologies, including various CMSs and custom code bases written in standard front end languages utilizing current best practices. I also make a regular habit of keeping up with industry developments.
For a more thorough view of my toolbox, see the laundry list below.
- User Advocacy
- Humane Technology
- Best Practices
Other General Skills
- Self Starter
- Passionate Learner
- Good Design Eye
- Experience Working Remotely
In each of the positions I've held, I've learned new skills and improved upon those I brought with me, resulting in a well-balanced mix of experience and a willingness to learn new things.
I work on small teams at this digital consultancy providing full product development, from concept to design to code in an Agile package.
- Created applications in React and Rails for Fortune 10 clients.
- Refined front-end custom CSS/Sass frameworks.
- Improved UX and accessibilty on client sites.
- Presented technical talks on Accessibility and Xpath.
- Participated in front end team to establish internal best practices and preferred toolsets.
I am the Publisher and Editor-In-Chief at this small press and its flagship publication, Luna Station Quarterly. In addition to writing editorials and a monthly blog column, I handle numerous other responsibilities.
- Manage staff of over 20 editors and 30 bloggers including assigning story submissions, planning and running staff meetings, onboarding new editors, and writing documentation.
- Create all cover designs, book layouts and digital editions for each publication.
- Source and manage support tools for newsletters, social media and story submission management.
- Handle all web development responsibilities for the magazine, press, and submission websites.
At this consultancy, I implemented new workflows and technologies, improved team efficiency, mentored junior developers, and presented internal tech talks.
- Senior Developer on mobile sites for the 1800Flowers family of brands, increasing conversion rates, refactoring, and implementing new features.
- Architect and Tech Lead for Web Payments API and Google AMP implementation projects.
- Tech Lead and Project Manager for Bloomreach, serving top 100 ecommerce merchants, improving search and conversion.
My main responsibility was designing and building PHP-based user interfaces for the company’s various ecommerce sites and blogs.
June 2010 - December 2010
At this boutique web agency, I assisted in all aspects of site development, from templates creation to photo preparation.
- Created Drupal templates, installed and configured modules
- Updated CSS files
- Modified PHP templates
The Laundry List
I've worked with a lot of different languages, technologies, libraries, and tools over the years, both open-source and proprietary.
With each of these, I have real-world knowledge and have either used in production environments or learned in depth on personal projects.
This list is fairly exhaustive, though I'm sure I've forgotten one or two things along the way.
- Semantic HTML
- Apache Velocity
- Cross-browser Issues
- Responsive UI/UX
- Graphic Design
- Google Analtyics
- Google Tag Manager